Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:17:13 -0400

> IMHO, this replacement is OK only if the message has buttons to take the
> appropriate actions (including silencing warnings as needed).  Otherwise
> it's noise users will filter out.

I generally agree on the principle, but at the same time I wonder what
actions would make sense: there are basically 2 applicable actions, one
of which (contact the webmaster to suggest upgrading to a better
protocol) is difficult to automate.

As for the other action (silence the warning) I wonder if it's really
needed: if the mechanism is discreet enough, it's just as easy for the
user to "filter it out as noise".

        Stefan