Re: tagging ERT tests with bug numbers

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tagging ERT tests with bug numbers
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 09:22:26 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it would be terrific if we could tag ERT tests with the bug ID
> and URL, so these could be shown automatically if the test failed.
>
> Is there a way to do that? I know we can put properties onto symbols,
> but maybe there's a way to tag ERT tests in particular? I don't see
> anything in the docs besides predicates, which these tags are not.

ERT tests have the :tags list. We use it for example like

  :tags '(:expensive-test)

AFAIK, there are no restrictions on tags, so we could define our
own. Something like

  :tags '((:bug <nnn>))

And a helper function to show the bug, either via a url (derived from
the bug number), or a debbugs-gnu function.

> Thanks
> Ted

Best regards, Michael.