Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 17:35:17 -0400

  > This problem keeps occurring, so we simply need to solve it once an for
  > all: provide a new variant of `message` which OT1H guarantees that this
  > message will be visible for a minimum of N seconds, and OTOH
  > guarantees that it won't be repeated more than once every M seconds (M
  > being probably large enough to be counted in hours).

Should M and N be specified in the call, or should they be global
parameters?  I think the latter is better.

I suggest defining a function 'hint-message' which displays a message
this way, or various appropriate ways to serve this kind of goal.

If we find that there are multiple classes of hint messages that should be
treated somewhat differently, we could make multiple such functions.
That would be better than encouraging each package to come up with its
own M and N.

--
Dr Richard Stallman