Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)

From: Alex Harsanyi
Subject: Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 21:30:17 +0800

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I already posted twice on this mailing list about this package (see
>> links below).   While the response seemed positive to me, the package
>> was not added to ELPA but I also I did not receive a definite "not
>> interested" answer.  I after some thought, I decided to post about
>> this one last time.
>
>>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-05/msg00075.html
>>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00943.html
>
> I think this is very interesting and should either make it into
> sql-mode.el or GNU ELPA (or both).  I'll be happy to help, regardless of
> the option you choose.

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure what are the next steps for this?

I already have signed copyright assignment for GNU Emacs contributions
in the past.  The package has another contributor, Pierre Téchoueyres,
I'm not sure if he has signed the copyright assignment papers or not
(I just sent him an email asking this).

I don't have commit privileges for either the ELPA or the GNU Emacs
sources, so I cannot add the package myself.

I think this should be a separate package, at least initially.  Based
on feedback from Michael who maintains sql.el, there might be people
who prefer the way sql-mode works now, as it has been like this for a
long time.

Best Regards,
Alex.