Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems

From: Bob Halley
Subject: Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 12:56:44 -0700

On Aug 8, 2017, at 12:39, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

It doesn't look reasonable to me: too few colors.  There should be a
lot more of them; I have more than 500 on my system.  What does this
show:

I acknowledge your much better idea of reasonable!  That screen shot is *all* that it lists, only 49 things in GUI mode, whereas TTY mode's listing has 256 colors.

 M-: (display-color-cells) RET

It shows "16777216 (#o100000000, #x1000000)"

When cutting and pasting that, I noticed that my *Messages* buffer is full of complaints about loading various colors.  Presumably this explains what I see, though I don't know why they have disappeared!  Here's an example of the messages:

Unable to load color "grey75" [2 times]
Unable to load color "grey95"
Unable to load color "grey90"
Unable to load color "grey20"