Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems

From: Bob Halley
Subject: Re: High Sierra Beta 5 Display Problems
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 15:33:08 -0700

On Aug 8, 2017, at 15:13, Alan Third <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Bob, is there anything else in ~/Library/Colors?

No, it's otherwise empty.

> From the looks of
> the code in ns_get_color Emacs searches *all* colour lists for any
> that contain the name it’s looking for, not just Emacs.clr. Maybe
> there’s a corrupt one that’s causing the search to fail early?

No

There's also no /Library/Colors, and /System/Library/Colors has nothing called
"Emacs".  The system library colors seem to have deeper structure; they are
directories not files, contain localizations, and seem otherwise different than
the simple format that the API emacs calls writes.  I looked for notices of
changes here but didn't find anything.  I'm no expert in macOS development
though!

Also, I know that it's the file in ~/Library/Colors that emacs makes because I
see emacs create it, and if I delete it the problem goes away on the next
start, so it's not some other file that's bad.  It's like the system library
can write the file but no longer correctly read it.

I looked for documentation about changes in this area but didn't see anything
either.