Re: request for votes for continuous integration system

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: request for votes for continuous integration system
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 19:08:29 -0400

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:41:08 +0200 Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:

NP> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> Unless there are objections, I ask (again) for a machine to host a
>> GitLab installation. I can help set it up, but it has to be allocated
>> like the GNU ELPA server, internally. Once it's up and running, we can
>> set it up and start doing CI against all emacs.git commits.

NP> That would be awesome!  I guess that the GitLab instance would only be
NP> used for its CI though, or are we planning to use Merge Requests and/or
NP> its issue tracker as well?

For now, we're only planning to do CI. After the CI piece is set up and
working, we can discuss other features. The next step is a machine that
can host the GitLab instance. Who can get that set up on the FSF/GNU
side? It could live on the GNU ELPA server or on a new machine.

The GitLab version of the emacs.git repository (and any others needed)
will be a pure mirror, so merge/pull requests won't have an effect.

We will disable the web UI as far as possible so users are not misled
into trying to use those features.

Ted