Re: git-handler.el

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: git-handler.el
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 02:46:41 +0700

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

> A revision oriented view would start with a directory, and not with a
> file. Let's use lisp/, and revision ef7a18a071

>   /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp@@/ef7a18a071:
>   total 23
>   -r--r--r--  1 Michael Albinus   UNKNOWN   3922 08-01 10:13
> display-line-numbers.el
>   -r--r--r--  1 Michael Albinus   UNKNOWN 109714 08-01 10:13 menu-bar.el
>
> (This example I have written manually, it is not implemented yet).
>
> In the revision oriented view, we have
> "/home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp@@/ef7a18a071" being a directory,
> containing the files which have been modified by this commit.

This will not be sufficient. As a Git user, I frequently want to
browse the whole repository as of a specific revision. Use case: “Two
months ago, function foo was changed to call function bar. How did bar
look at that point?”

Also, in a dired buffer showing src/emacs/lisp@@/ef7a18a071, will
dired-jump jump to src/emacs@@/ef7a18a071?