Re: Licence of ts-comint

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Licence of ts-comint
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 21:51:09 -0400

  > I must apologize for the hassle because the script that automatically
checked for GPL2+ (or other equivalent wordings) did not catch "GPL 2 or
whatever newer comes along" and I did not take the time to actually check for
myself.

In general, it is risky to make changes in accepted legal wording.
What seems semantically equivalent to hackers like you and me might
have a different legal meaning in some situations.

Could you please show me the full license notice used in that package?
I'd like to check that it is really equivalent and won't give strange
results that perhaps none of us would like.

--
Dr Richard Stallman