Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: EBDB

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: EBDB
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:52:54 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Turns out it's a moot point, as VM only supports Emacs up to 23, two
>> major modes less than what EBDB requires.

Major *version numbers*.

> It's probably easy to make it work with Emacsā‰„24, tho.

Sorry, do you mean VM or EBDB? VM is out of my hands... I ran "make", it
bailed when it couldn't find Emacs 23, and I gave up there.

EBDB currently uses seq, which requires Emacs 25. I could remove that
dependency, but I sure like seq. Pcase is Emacs 24, and I don't think
I'm willing to give up pcase.

Eric