Re: Refactoring flymake.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Refactoring flymake.el
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:32:20 -0400

>> Can you add some file-local settings in them?
> elpy (https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy) ignores them.
> I just tried

> # Local Variables:
> # flymake-mode: nil
> # End:

> and flymake is still enabled in scratch.
> So -- no, file-local settings do not solve my problem.

We can add code to provide a new var, instead of adding the code you
added.  Then the behavior can be configured via file-local or
dir-local settings.

So my question was whether in your use case it's practical to add
file-local settings.

>> Using file-local or dir-local variables settings is often more convenient.
> Nope, because I have to deal with the "safe local variable dialogue"
> every time I visit such a file.

Such questions should only show up if the var doesn't have a proper
safe-local-variable property set.

        Stefan