Re: Efficiently using MOVE_IT_... to gather a plethora of information.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Efficiently using MOVE_IT_... to gather a plethora of information.
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 23:58:21 -0400

> Your suggestion about being smarter in the data gathering is well
> taken, and I will give it some serious thought as I move forward in
> the development of the vertical line feature.

BTW, regarding that vertical-line feature: wouldn't it make sense to
implement it not by sprinkling various little chunks of vertical bars in
the glyph matrices (with the difficulty of making sure they are
correctly connected, with the right color and what not), but by drawing
it on top of the text?

Having a "second layer" that can used to draw on top of the text would
also be useful, e.g. to draw little arrows connecting various parts of
the text.

        Stefan