Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)

From: Radon Rosborough
Subject: Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 10:16:00 -0700

> I don't know which problem you are trying to solve and its details

Making the built-in package manager work without any user
intervention.

> Why not to introduce an init file to fix something in foo1.el or
> foo2.el or... f..?
>
> No, what ever you are trying to fix is 'wrong'... :P

I would agree in the case of any other package. But I've been
convinced that the built-in package manager deserves a special place
in the startup process.

Note, if you look earlier in this thread, I said literally exactly the
same thing as you, for the same reason. I have however changed my
mind.