Re: Efficiently using MOVE_IT_... to gather a plethora of information.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Efficiently using MOVE_IT_... to gather a plethora of information.
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:56:12 -0400

> Anything else would probably clase with redisplay optimizations

I don't think so.  Changing every frame so it uses a composition of a Gtk
canvas (completely transparent by default) layered on top of our usual
text area should make it possible to keep the new feature
largely separate.  Of course, you'll probably want to update the canvas
more complicated.

And in case you wonder, no, I have no time nor intention to work on this
in the coming decade.

        Stefan