Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:22:39 -0400

> A side note: I've started to make an inventory of syntax highlighting in
> various modes in Emacs, as part of a font-lock regression test suite I've
> accumulated over the years. The suite and the inventory is far from
> complete, but it might be worth looking into:

> https://github.com/Lindydancer/font-lock-regression-suite/blob/master/doc/CommentsOnMajorModes.org

> One mode that stands out in this respect is "bat" mode, it handles "%alpha"
> but not "%alpha_beta", and doesn't support the construct in strings at all.

Which version of bat-mode did you test?
Same question for some of the comments in the above web-page.  E.g. you
say "Strings containing “<<” are treated as heredoc comments", but AFAIK
this should only happen in fairly old versions of Emacs.
I also see a reference to "bell_206.ps" but I can't find this file.

        Stefan