Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)

From: Radon Rosborough
Subject: Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:59:49 -0700

> I was thinking of doing it via unload-feature

Isn't this out of scope for unload-feature? After all,
package-initialize does not load features.

> if it doesn't work quite-right, it's a bug in the package.

I think if we take an approach like this, we'll end up uncovering
quite a few bugs, indeed. And I worry that this will result in people
thinking that package.el is buggy, since the bugs will only show up
when people use package.el, as opposed to any other package manager or
as opposed to loading the packages manually.