Re: Disable Mouse Wheel Progressive Speed Patch

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Disable Mouse Wheel Progressive Speed Patch
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:56:27 +0100

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 06:43:07PM +0900, Tak Kunihiro wrote:
> However, I thought scroll by the fine pointing device such for trackbar
> with current default value is too fast and unusable, but other may have
> different impression.  I think Emacs should worry about existence of the
> fine pointing devices.

I’m working (slowly) on multi‐touch support, which will hopefully
solve the problems with some fine pointing devices.

For example, the problem with the trackpad on macs is because macOS
sends an event for each two‐finger scroll movement, which can equate to
as little as a one pixel move. Emacs treats each of those events as a
whole line scroll.

The correct way to handle it is to add up the deltas until they’re
greater than or equal to a line‐height, then issue the scroll command.

--
Alan Third