Re: Obtain X / HPOS with move_it_to at eol when buffer-display-table lin

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: Re: Obtain X / HPOS with move_it_to at eol when buffer-display-table line-feed
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:07:46 -0700

Thank you, Eli, for the suggestion to stop IT before it gets to the new line
(which is displayed using the display-table entry).

The argument of it.last_visible_x is important for the very last line of the
visible window, or else IT will not continue looking for POS until it reaches
the window-end.

I am assuming by your comments that we are looking for EOL_POSITION minus 1
point, and from there I should examine the character at that location to obtain
its width and then add that width to it.current_x in order to get the X of the
pilcrow beginning ....

This is a work in progress and I'll keep plugging away as time permits.

Keith

DATE:  [08-30-2017 12:03:52] <30 Aug 2017 22:03:52 +0300>
FROM:  Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>