Face to face

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Face to face
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 23:30:55 +0100

This evening I had the most enjoyable privilege of being able to spend time
with Stefan Monnier at a tavern in Oxford, UK. It made us both realize how
valuable it is to interact with people in person; it changes how we read what
they write online, and what we think they're thinking when they write it.

During our many conversations, we thought: what if we had an Emacs Developer's
Meetup, for people to come together from emacs-devel, so that many of us --
who have been corresponding about Emacs for years -- could get to know these
people who have been a part of our lives for so long?

Where could such a meeting happen? When? Could we get Richard and Eli and some
of the other past maintainers to join us?

Just some thoughts,