Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 10:37:39 +0300

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 22:37:28 +0100
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>, Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> As a short-cut/side-step, could we normalize one or both filenames
> explicitly, somewhere nearer to the call site (perhaps for w32 only)?

Once again, this could be the right solution, but we can only decide
that when we understand the problem a bit better.

> But I don't know if there's a lisp function for that.

Almost all of the functions that work with file names do that, AFAIK.
Which is why I don't yet see how this file name with an upper-case
drive letter came into existence.  It must have originated somewhere,
most probably in user-space.  Let's find that out before we decide on
the right course of action.