Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:40:55 +0200 (CEST)

> Il 9 settembre 2017 alle 12.37 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:49:55 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> > Hmm... Have you tried to do an out of tree build?
>
> No.
>
> > Maybe I am wrong but in a tree build it only uses relative path: ../../path
> > etc.
>
> That doesn't seem to be the problem.  If you configure Emacs with
>
>   --prefix=/c/whatever
>
> i.e. with a lower-case /c/, does the problem go away?

OK, today I did at least five build, in tree and out tree, but only when I
build OUT tree AND with no default prefix, I get the messages (a lot)

  C:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/lisp/loaddefs.el and
c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/lisp/loaddefs.el are the same file

in other words:

  wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-master.tar.gz
  mkdir build
  tar -xf emacs-master.tar.gz
  cd emacs-master
  ./autogen.sh
  cd ../build
  /tmp/emacs-master/configure --prefix=/c/LocalApps/Emacs
  make

prints the messages. If I omit --prefix=..., the messages are absent.

Notice, they are simple messages, not marked as warnings