Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 20:33:54 +0200

> Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:40:55 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> OK, today I did at least five build, in tree and out tree, but only when I build OUT tree AND with no default prefix, I get the messages (a lot)
>
>   C:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/lisp/loaddefs.el and c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/lisp/loaddefs.el are the same file
>
> in other words:
>
>   wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/snapshot/emacs-master.tar.gz
>   mkdir build
>   tar -xf emacs-master.tar.gz
>   cd emacs-master
>   ./autogen.sh
>   cd ../build
>   /tmp/emacs-master/configure --prefix=/c/LocalApps/Emacs
>   make
>
> prints the messages. If I omit --prefix=..., the messages are absent.

Thanks.  I still don't see where did C:/, upper-case, came from.

At the risk of being impolite and/or out of topic, I repeat here what I already posted a while ago.

I have something quite disturbing wrt to paths and case: starting 'emacs -Q' from the same directory,
I can get 3 different values for default-directory:

1. "D:/Source/emacs/build-master/"
This is with a mingw64 shell, after doing 'cd /d/Source/emacs/build-master' and running 'emacs -Q'

2. "D:/source/emacs/build-master/"
This is with a mingw64 shell, after doing 'cd /d/source/emacs/build-master' and running 'emacs -Q'

3. "d:/Source/emacs/build-master/"
This is with a cmd shell, after doing 'd:' and 'cd d:/Source/emacs/build-master'

I think this should be traced and fixed (but didn't get a chance to do it)

Fabrice