Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 25.3 released
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:22:45 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:03:16 +0200
> Cc: Rostislav Svoboda <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs Devel <address@hidden>
>
> On Sep 12 2017, Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > There will be a git commit and a 25.3 tag, no worries.  The tarball was
> > built in a hurry.
>
> There should never be a hurry.  Ever.

There should be no security vulnerabilities, either.  Ever.  But there
was, this time.  So we wanted to put the tarball out the door quickly
and safely, because that's what the community expected.

We should all thank Nicolas who did a splendid job, just a few hours
after I gave him the final patch.  There's no need to pounce on him or
make the (false) presentation of his job as less than perfect.