Re: FTP,HTTP → HTTPS in Emacs doc and code

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: FTP,HTTP → HTTPS in Emacs doc and code
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:31:08 -0700

Philippe Vaucher wrote:
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but isn't this simply a matter of running
`sed -i` recursively and changing all the link at once with the appropriate
regex?

I used Emacs instead of sed -i, but yes that's a good way to start. However, there are some exceptions (both false positive and false negatives) so the result needs to be hand-checked. Among other things, I left the http://lists.gnu.org URLs alone for now because I was being cautious: while testing all this I found that those URLs are served by an older host that does not support TLS 1.1 or 1.2 yet (I have opened a trouble ticket for that...).