Re: Doc string and operation of color-distance

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Doc string and operation of color-distance
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 16:40:00 +0300

> From: Mark Oteiza <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 15:43:28 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> At the very least we should feed metrics the translated RGBs.

Yes.  But it would be nicer if the lcms.c functions accepted colors in
any form supported by Emacs: a color name, a string RGB spec, or a
list of RGB values.  I think.

> Beyond that, in order to use (for example) lcms2-cam02-ucs with
> color-distance, one has to translate RGB to XYZ, so the metric would be
>
>   (lambda (a b)
>     (lcms2-cam02-ucs (color-srgb-to-xyz a) (color-srgb-to-xyz b))

color-srgb-to-xyz accepts 3 arguments, not one.  Also, its doc string
says the components are floats between 0 and 1.  So this should be
amended accordingly.