Re: JSON/YAML/TOML/etc. parsing performance

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: JSON/YAML/TOML/etc. parsing performance
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 22:05:38 +0300

> From: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 18:46:45 +0000
>
> I don't know much about the others, but given the importance of JSON as data
> exchange and serialization
> format, I think it's worthwhile to invest some time here. I've implemented a
> wrapper around the json-c library
> (license: Expat/X11/MIT), resulting in significant speedups using the test
> data from
> https://github.com/miloyip/nativejson-benchmark: a factor of 3.9 to 6.4 for
> parsing, and a factor of 27 to 67 for
> serializing. If people agree that this is useful I can send a patch.

Before we make a decision on which library to use, I'd prefer some
kind of survey of available free software libraries, including their
popularity and development activity.  The survey doesn't have to be
exhaustive, but I think we should compare at least a few candidates.
We already have 2, so maybe we should start by comparing them.

Thanks.