Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb 2b52686 18/21: Check type spec of slots that m

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/ebdb 2b52686 18/21: Check type spec of slots that may or may not accept an object
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 14:34:36 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>     * ebdb.el (ebdb-field-bank-account): A type spec that looks like `(or
>>       null class-name)' *must* specify the null first, then the class
>>       name. Putting the class name first results in an error. This seems
>>       like a bug to me -- it's an `or' statement, it shouldn't matter.
>
> Maybe that deserves a bug report?

I was going to find time to look at the code, and hopefully provide
both report and patch at the same time. I'm also investigating whether
it's possible to have nested customize interfaces in
`eieio-customize-object', when one object exists in the slot of another
-- it's almost certainly the same area of code.

I'll get to it!