Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 ee512e9: Ignore buffers whose name begins wit

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 ee512e9: Ignore buffers whose name begins with a space in save-some-buffers
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:50:32 +0000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

I do think ggtags is doing something weird here. But on the other hand,
it does seem better if `save-some-buffers' required `buffer-offer-save'
to be explicitly set non-nil, rather than drawing an implicit conclusion
from the presence of `write-contents-functions'.

Ie maybe I should just revert the change to this function, and make sure
to set `buffer-offer-save' to t in my use-case. No one will get
surprised by save prompts they didn't ask for. That way I could also
remove the buffer name check.

WDYT?

That's my proposal, of course if that resolves the issue you needed to make that change in the first place! Thanks for considering this.
--

Kaushal Modi