Re: Win32 GnuTLS DLL installer?

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Win32 GnuTLS DLL installer?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:22:11 +0530

On Wed, Sep 20 2017,Phillip Lord wrote:

[snipped 9 lines]

> They are in https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-25-x86_64-deps.zip.
>
> For emacs-26, I hope to start releasing two sets of zip files -- "emacs"
> and "emacs-with-deps". The later will mean that you won't need to take two
> packages, just unzip and go.

As a user "emacs-with-deps" single zip file would be a tremendous
help.  I spend a fair amount of time trying to get Emacs and cygwin to
play along, then give up, then harass Eli for help and then try some
random stuff from the Web and then get continually surprised by
strange behaviour of cygwin paths and win Emacs/bin file clashes.

Make it simple so that users have only themselves to blame. :-)

Thanks

sivaram