Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:09:38 -0400

> I'm surprised and dismayed by both your reactions to my proposed patch.

Yet, it was very predictable: which symbol to use for which meaning has
no technical importance, so it's a perfect candidate for bikeshedding.

Worse yet: while it has no technical importance, it does have
political/emotional importance.  Since the decision not to define it as
a defcustom was taken for strategic reasons, clearly the
political/emotional aspect is very relevant here.  And it's also your
prime motivation for this change.

        Stefan