Re: C equivalent for: (face-attribute 'region :background (selected-fram

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: C equivalent for: (face-attribute 'region :background (selected-frame) 'default)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:58:53 +0900

> To erase the floating glyphless fake cursors (with no text), I draw the shape
> of the cursor using the current background color.  The current design is to
> get everything into the LSL color vector, and then treat it differently once
> I get over to nsterm.m, w32term.c, or xterm.c depending upon the Emacs build.
>  In terms of the active region face, I needed to get the LSL equivalent for
> the region background.  Today, I ported from Lisp to C the functions
> `face-attribute` and `face-attribute-merged-with` which gets me the color
> string:

That doesn't sound like a good design.  I think you should always use
faces to specify/retrieve colors so we can consistently utilize
existing infrastructure such as frame-wise themes.

Erasing cursors would be possible by calling `draw_glyphs' just as
`expose_area' does (it might be the case that you have to fill with
the frame background color beforehand).

Also, be sure to draw cursors/crosshairs on expose_frame while they
are active.  Otherwise they become invisible when we hide and then
show a frame, for example.

                             YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                        address@hidden