New major mode for PHP

From: USAMI Kenta
Subject: New major mode for PHP
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 22:44:24 +0900

Hi,

I am PHPer, a user of PHP-mode, and I am also a contributor to it.

I started working on a new major mode for PHP.
https://github.com/emacs-php/Php7mode

Old PHP Mode has a long history and it is difficult to obtain copyright
assignment from all contributors.
https://github.com/ejmr/php-mode/wiki/Will-GNU-Emacs-Ever-Include-php-mode%3F

For that reason, I divided project with a few contributors based on
code base of js-mode without copyright issues.

The current code is a copy of js-mode, but it works stably for PHP as
well.  I will submit a stable version to Emacs after adding features for
PHP on this.

I have submitted a copyright assignment for GNU Emacs to FSF.
I have never created a code to become part of GNU Emacs.

I have some questions.

- How can I inquire that a contributor made copyright assignment?
- I intend to transplant carefully from among my patches submitted to
  PHP Mode, but are there copyright concerns?
  https://github.com/ejmr/php-mode/commits?author=zonuexe

Finally, I believe that Emacs can outperform proprietary IDEs in
PHP coding.

thanks.

--
宇佐美 Kenta Usami (@tadsan, @zonuexe) / Yoyogi Tokyo