Re: module documentation draft

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: module documentation draft
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 20:39:15 +0000

https://phst.github.io/emacs-modules
>  It's more specification-like and hopefully covers most of the behavior of the module API.
>
> It would be great if we could have comprehensive documentation in the ELisp manual in Emacs 26. So it
> would be great if others (especially the maintainers) could review these two documents. Please focus on the
> content during the first pass, not on stylistic or editorial issues.

I already read this, when this was first announced in April.
Unfortunately, the style and the methodology of the description
differs significantly from what we use in the ELisp manual.  So this
text will have to be reworked, and I didn't yet find time to do it.

As said, I'd like to get feedback about the *content*. Changing the *style* is easier and requires less discussion.

The
first step is to convert the tutorial-like description to the
reference-style description we use in the manual.

I'm a bit surprised that you call my style "tutorial-like". I think it's not a tutorial at all; there's e.g. no end-to-end example to step-by-step instructions.
What exactly would you want to have changed to turn it into "reference style"?