Re: About curly quotes (again) [Was: Emacs 26.1 release branch created]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: About curly quotes (again) [Was: Emacs 26.1 release branch created]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:31:42 +0300

> From: Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
> address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 09:58:22 +0200
>
> >> In theory, yes.  But: `C-x <DEL>'.
> >
> > Not sure what is your problem with this" "i C-x DEL RET" finds that
> > binding nicely.
>
> Funny: i C-x DEL RET works, but i C-x <DEL> not.

"C-x <DEL>" should NOT work.  Key bindings are indexed without the
<..> markup.

> (OTOH, i C-x <RET> works again.)

How do you mean "works"?  Where in the manual does it land you?

> >> (Although this is obviously a bug/omission.)
> >
> > Is it?
>
> So probably yes, at least an inconsistency (a minor one, I admit).

There was a small number of incorrect index entries for key bindings,
I fixed them now.

> >> And the section on interactive codes is really long, and I search
> >> for it often enough that the curly quotes do annoy me.
> >
> > Again, not sure what's the problem.  here's what I'd do:
> >
> >   "i interactive code RET" followed by "C-s ^" (for example)
>
> How about C-s P? ;-)

Why would I do something like that?

Anyway, I think we can close this discussion now.