Re: Pertinent NEWS parts for the Emacs 26 manual draft

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Pertinent NEWS parts for the Emacs 26 manual draft
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 19:14:40 -0400

  > Since I've already asked Nicolas to make a pretest for Emacs 26.1, it
  > should be clear that NEWS was already reviewed (by me in this case),
  > and any such blunders, if there were ones, were already fixed.

I'm glad this is so.  I didn't know how things stood.

However, my main point is the last one: regardless of the current state
of marking up NEWS, we still need someone to collect just the parts
that checkers should read.

  > NEWS has separate sections for Lisp and non-Lisp changes.

To make things really easy, we should omit the parts of NEWS that
aren't pertinent and someone doesn't need to read for this purpose.

Would someone please volunteer to do it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman