Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 12:51:51 +0000

Hi Mathias,

This will be a pretty cool feature.

I see just one caveat. I don't use abbrev for "auto-correct", but I know that many folks do[1].

So people could have abbrev entries like "eamcs" that "expand" to "emacs". So with this feature, the user will be suggested to type "eamcs" each time they correctly type "emacs"?

If so, can the suggestion be enabled only when the abbreviation is shorter than the expansion by N number of characters, where that N can be set using a defcustom? (I would default that to 2 or 3).

[1]: http://endlessparentheses.com/ispell-and-abbrev-the-perfect-auto-correct.html
--

Kaushal Modi