Re: Gnus work

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus work
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 20:43:49 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> I've been very slowly reading the Gnus code
> base, and looking at how to go about doing
> some refactoring, cleanups, and a few
> new features.

What strikes me immediately when I read the
Gnus source is that the defuns are often very,
very long. But I'm not suggesting anyone do
something about it for that reason alone.
However if anyone does work on a defun and has
thus acquired a close to complete understanding
of it, it could be considered breaking it up,
possibly repeatedly, as the last step of work,
and then along lines that are as natural
as possible, of course.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573