Re: UI input unresponsive on macOS

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: UI input unresponsive on macOS
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:40:54 +0900

>> > When I M-X gnus, Emacs runs (with or without -Q at command line)
>> > normally; but when I use
>> >
>> > (make-thread #'gnus "gnus")
>> >
>> > Emacs just hangs by the dialog whose screenshot is attached as a png
>> file.
>>
>> The image seems to indicate that Emacs is waiting for you to answer
>> the question.  Did you try to click "Yes" or "No" on the dialog Emacs
>> pops up?
>>
> I did clicked both buttons but none of them responsive and the UI hanged.

The following recipe seems to behave differently depending on the
toolkit.

(make-thread
 (lambda ()
   (let (last-nonmenu-event)
     (setq test (y-or-n-p-with-timeout "test" 2 'timeout)))))

Athena: Works.
GTK+2: Timeout works, but buttons are not displayed.
GTK+3: Hangs.
NS: Crashes.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden