Re: C warning in MSYS2 build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C warning in MSYS2 build
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 21:54:40 +0300

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 18:44:43 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> One more warning crept into the MSYS2 build after the recent update to
> the system headers/libraries:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/c/projects/emacs/src'
>   CC       indent.o
> indent.c: In function 'scan_for_column':
> indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
> [-Wnull-dereference]
>    return 0;
>           ^
> indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
> [-Wnull-dereference]
> indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
> [-Wnull-dereference]
> indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
> [-Wnull-dereference]
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/c/projects/emacs/src'

Thanks, but it isn't new.  You already reported this very warning in

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-09/msg00478.html

and I already said here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-09/msg00427.html

that I thought it was a GCC bug.  Paul seemed to confirm that in

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-09/msg00493.html

I have no idea how to fix this, except by removing -Wnull-dereference
from the warning flags.