Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 17:34:13 -0400

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure I understand: the Options menu has Hide/Show sub-menu, which
is where we put all the toggle-type options.  Line-number display is
one of them.  So it looks like the current arrangement is consistent
with how we provide similar customizations.

​I see.  The menu items on that menu are exactly what I would put on the modeline menu for quick access, though I would make it a one-level menu.  It takes a lot of time to go to Options, visually scan down the menu, find Hide/Show, etc.  Versus a quick click on the modeline and you are setting this.  Then either place people go would be wholly consistent.

Bob