Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode

From: Matthew Plant
Subject: Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 00:50:10 -0700

Yes, I should have read the comment literally right above the line I suggested
changing.
I didn’t mean to offer that snippet as a solution, just as a suggestion for
anyone compiling themselves. I would be more formal otherwise.
If I understand the problem correctly, since orientation depends on paragraph,
does that mean line numbers could be on different sides in the same window?
I think I have an approach for fixing this