Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated

From: Ian Dunn
Subject: Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 18:29:51 -0400

    Mathias> Hi again, Please find below the latest version. It has the
    Mathias> option requested earlier and I also included the command
    Mathias> `absug-report' that the user can use to see what expansions
    Mathias> that has been typed manually, and how many times.

    Mathias> I'm starting to be quite happy with this now. This is still
    Mathias> a separate package, but if there is still interest I can
    Mathias> try to merge the code into abbrev.el (if so, I have some
    Mathias> renaming to do...) and make it into an option there, as
    Mathias> suggested by Eli earlier. Then I can post a patch here.

    Mathias> Comments?

Two.

1. This looks amazing.  As an avid user of abbrevs, having something remind me
when I've created a new abbrev and no longer need to type something out that
was bugging me enough to make an abbrev will be great.

2. Having this be controlled by some property of abbrev tables and/or abbrevs
themselves would be ideal, similar to the case-fixed property.  That way the
expansions of auto-correct[1] and captain[2] abbrevs won't nag people all the
time.

[1] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/auto-correct.html
[2] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/captain.html

--