Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 10:44:50 +0300

> From: Alex <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 15:12:11 -0600
>
> > Which other faces are in more than one group?
>
> Here are some in face.el:
> mode-line*
> window-divider*
> fringe
> cursor
> mouse
> menu

Thanks, I'm convinced.

> Okay, I've attached a patch which does this. Additionally, I added the
> `display-line-numbers' group to the `convenience' group since (n)linum
> belong to that group. nlinum belongs to 2 groups already, as do groups
> such as `message' and `mode-line-faces', so it should also be fine.

"Convenience" is a lousy name for a customization group, as it doesn't
really convey any meaning.  But I guess that's water under the bridge
now.

The patch LGTM, please push to the release branch.  I would suggest to
mention in the log message the URL of the first message in this
thread.

TIA