Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Abbrev suggestions - feedback appreciated
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 17:25:57 +0200

Regarding the performance, in fact in my case with more than 2600 abbrevs, the message is displayed in more than 1 second, which is quite slow. My processor is core i5.

If you mean that it takes a second before the message appears, that is on purpose. The message will be displayed when Emacs has been idle for 2 seconds. Probably I should make that 1 second. I could inform the user straight away but I was thinking that the user would miss the message then. I'm also thinking if I should "queue up" all the messages, if there are more than one, and show all when the user is idle. Perhaps, if more than one message has been queued up, I should recommend the user to run M-x absug-report to show them all?