Question about function prefixes

From: Ian Dunn
Subject: Question about function prefixes
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 13:29:26 -0400

I've received a suggestion to add functionality for a Beaufort cipher[1] to my
vigenere.el package.  A Beaufort cipher uses almost exactly the same algorithm
as a Vigenere cipher, with some small changes.  The differences are small
enough that I can modify vigenere.el to handle a Beaufort cipher with only a
few lines changed.

Prefixing the Beaufort functions with "vigenere-" seems confusing to users, so
would it be acceptable to prefix them with "beaufort-"?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_cipher

--
Ian Dunn