Re: exposing the effective mode in a multi-mode

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: exposing the effective mode in a multi-mode
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 15:20:07 -0600

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Stefan> at which point we may as well drop `prog-effective-mode`.

I didn't commit this patch because I'm no longer sure it's the best
approach.  It might be better to instead have mhtml-mode save
`major-mode' and set that when point enters a sub-mode region.  This way
other helping code would not have to be updated to find the effective
mode.

Tom