Re: error building emacs from clean clone

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: error building emacs from clean clone
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:51:29 +0900

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 17:35, Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> Update to latest master and try again.
>>
>> Isn't what
>>
>> git clone -b master git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git
>>
>> is supposed to do ?
>
> Yes.  But "latest" generally means something different every time you
> do it. When you did it before, the "latest" commit was broken, and now
> it's not (I hope).

I don't know what "now" is for you, but I've tried that a number of times in
the past 24 hours and it still does not work.

I think it's Stephan who suggested a while back that when a build failed for no
obvious reasons, just starting from scratch was the best way to fix the issue.
So I just erased my emacs directory and did the git clone dance, but this time
without success.

Last attempt was 10mn ago.

Jean-Christophe