Re: New Flymake rewrite in emacs-26

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Flymake rewrite in emacs-26
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:40:19 +0300

> From: address@hidden (João Távora)
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
>       Mark Oteiza <address@hidden>, Lele Gaifax <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:25:44 +0100
>
> > I think yes.
>
> OK, IIUC we have copyright assignments for every author besides me

If you are unsure, I can check.

> It would be nice to have a backend capable of checking Emacs C sources
> with GCC and without any extra configurations. To solve the problem with
> setting proper GCC flags, perhaps the .dir-locals file can be used. Or
> perhaps some other method can be used to infer flags from a Makefile or
> some other source.

Most of the flags we use are for flagging dubious or erroneous code,
they should not matter, I think.  What compiler flags must be set for
Flycheck to work reasonably well with a program's sources?  I guess
the -I flags, but what else?  (I have never used Flymake, so my
questions are ones of a layman in this matter.)