Re: Drag-and-drop FROM Emacs to another editable application window unde

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Drag-and-drop FROM Emacs to another editable application window under MacOS
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:13:37 -0400

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:01 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Robert Weiner <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 19:07:47 -0400
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> I wonder why it doesn't work to drop the text onto other applications.

It does, but the application you drag-n-drop into should support that.

​On a Mac:

I highlight text in Evernote and drag it into a Chrome Gmail composition window.  It drops right in without a problem.

I enable text drag-n-drop in Emacs 27 and highlight some text to try to drag it to the same Chrome window.  A yellow rectangle of text starts to drag but freezes right as the mouse pointer leaves the Emacs frame, so I can't drag it any further.

Bob