Re: windows build help

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: windows build help
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 16:04:10 -0700

Stephen Leake wrote:
You are implying that the elc built for 32 bit emacs are identical
to the elc built for 64 bit emacs.

Although one can write Elisp code that compiles to different .elc files depending whether the compiling Emacs is built for a 32 or 64 bit machine, such Elisp code is unportable and the GNU Emacs source code does not do that, as far as I know. (It might be nice if we routinely tested for such portability bugs.)